Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop – Board Members
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop was established in 1987 to support artists in their careers, and to provide opportunities for audiences to engage in meaningful ways with contemporary sculpture. We have created a purpose-built sculpture facility in Newhaven to provide the best environment for artists and public participants. Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop is a Scottish Charity and a company limited by guarantee and we are a Creative Scotland Regularly Funded Organisation.
Having gone through a period of expansion, ESW would like to recruit two Board members who will bring the skills required to support the organisation through the next stage of its development. We are seeking (i) an individual with legal experience and (ii) an individual with senior HR management skills and experience.
Being a member of the Board of Directors requires the following commitment:
• 4 Board meetings per annum held at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
• 1 Annual General Meeting
• 1-4 annual Committee meetings within Board members’ area of expertise (the number of meetings is variable, e.g. the finance committee meets before every Board meeting, the Remunerations Committee meets annually).
• 1 annual strategy session with staff and Board
• Attendance at our exhibitions and events over the year
• An induction process which includes a health & safety tour
This is a voluntary role but reasonable travel expenses are paid. We expect Board members to demonstrate their commitment through regular attendance at meetings. Where necessary, attendance via Skype can be arranged.
How to Apply
If you would like any further information or if would like to arrange a meeting with ESW’s Chair and/or Director please do get in touch with ESW’s Director Irene Kernan by email Irene@edinburghsculpture.org or on the main office number 0131 551 4490.
To apply, please submit a CV and a supporting letter. These can be emailed to Irene@edinburghsculpture.org