Urban Uprising – Treasurer
Urban Uprising is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated person to help shape our future. Ideally you’ll be based in, or near to, Glasgow or Edinburgh and we are looking for someone who can commit to at least 1/2 a day per month.
Who we are
Urban Uprising launched in late 2013. We fund rock climbing and adventurous activities for disadvantaged youth from challenging urban areas. Currently we support three projects; one in Rio De Janeiro, one in Glasgow and are opening up another in Edinburgh in 2017.
Key Objectives of Treasurer Role
• Oversee the financial affairs of Urban Uprising and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
• Monitor and report on financial health of Urban Uprising.
• Ensure proper records are kept.
• Liaise with relevant staff to ensure financial viability of organization.
• Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations.
• Oversee the production of an annual budget.
• Prepare accounts for presentation to OSCR and publication online.
Skills and experience needed
• A highly-motivated person able to work on own initiative.
• Sound IT skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a small team.
• You will help Urban Uprising in its mission to improve the lives of disadvantaged youth.
• We’re expanding. You will get to be part of and help shape this exciting process.
• Urban Uprising is small, dynamic and committed. By joining us you have the opportunity to affect real change
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org